ON THE TOPIC OF COUSINS

This summer has been riddled with visits from cousins, visits to cousins, visits with cousins to other cousins.. and I actually enjoyed it!

For the past twelve years I have been under the impression that all my cousins are total dweebs, save for one, who I thought a dweeb as well, but not to the extent of the rest. It is somewhat true, but when and how did I ever get the idea that I am not one, as well? In retrospect, it seems I have actually been a jerk!

I have been surprised multiple times in the past two months, by the coolness of the people around me, and my lack thereof, in dealing with them. For instance, someone I thought was a frenemy is in fact a wonderful, gracious person, and a sincere friend. My cousin who made an ass of himself years back, is a skilled artist, and fun person. Another cousin broke out of his shell, subsequently breaking mine, and we bonded over a family dinner. My little cousin sister reminded me of the importance of guardian angels in our lives, a sorry lack of which I experienced in my life (partly my own fault) and vowed not to let that happen to any of my younger cousins, no matter what.

This summer, my family and friends have made me a good person, without even realizing it.

Wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent