Age as a factor in dating

Some characteristics in potential dating partners are very grey areas - physical appearance, dating history, matching interests, and age, for instance.

For the longest time, I firmly held the belief that I should only date someone older than me. I held the view that since boys (in general) are dumber than girls their age, it would be safe to assume that I'd never gain anything out of a relationship with a younger boy. My stance can be debunked on many counts.

Firstly, many boys older than me are still dumber than me - case in point: Dumbshit. Also, Anant is both smarter and wiser than me, and he's two years younger than me.

Secondly, what if I were to date a girl? Would I want her to be older or younger than me?

Thirdly, what if I had never known about his/her age? I'd probably fall for him/her. The personality would (and should) suffice.

Lastly, I'd linked age with maturity, which is perhaps a fail approach. There is at least one conscientious, hella smart, kind, sweet, boy younger than me, who is totally dateable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent