TrulyMadly, meh

This week I shall review the TrulyMadly app for those that are curious to know how, or rather if, it works.

Okay, ladies, you have many, many options to choose from. A large bunch of the boys I was shown were really cute. You can set your preference as per age, height, state and city; furthermore the app matches the books you've read, movies you've watched, music you listen to and restaurants you visit to those of your "matches" (as the boys whose profiles you're shown are called). The app uses hashtags (minimum 3, maximum 5) to match personality traits, I'm guessing, since the suggestions that matched #artist #bookworm #writer #singer #vegan were mostly foodies, adventure junkies, music snobs, nature seekers, travel buffs, photography types or animal lovers. In the beginning I went a little like-happy, "liking" almost 75% of the profiles I was shown. After conversations with a few of them I realized the necessity for scrutiny and filtering and dropped my "liking" to 10%.

These sub-par conversations were with a stoner and a businessman, one looking for a hookup and the other too boring for life. Furthermore his roommate was a BBA at Christ and my aversion for the kind almost completely put me off. So it didn't work out. Many of the others, although software engineers and managers were illiterates of the texting world. Such a pity. And they were really fun, too.

It's not difficult to get a date on truly madly if you're willing to settle for less than perfect. It'll be a sweet, short-term relationship of no more than a few months before it fizzles out. But to find someone significantly compatible with the limited data you provide is highly unlikely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent