Christmas Concerts, yayayayayay!!

Magnificat starts tomorrow and I am too excited to possibly blog about anything else.

As you know (if you've stalked this blog (like some people :3)) I'm in my college choir and it is fun and takes up 73% of my life but I'm not complaining. We organize an annual 3-day open-to-all Christmas concert called Magnificat - A Song of Hope in the first weekend of December and choirs from all over the city come and perform and delight us with their choral harmony in the spirit of Christmas. Magnificat is presently in its 10th year, and this year, it's going to be 4 days - 4th, 5th, 6th and 12th December!

We have been slogging for the backdrop and props creation for two weeks now and we have these adorable glittery string lanterns ready that we made using some mad string and glue and starch and water and the bonds of friendship, and holly and wreaths and a cool rad set list and even though other choirs are probably going to be more cheerful and Christmas-ey, we are still the hosts and therefore awesome. We go to Kengeri tomorrow so I'll have to wear bus-friendly clothes. I'll also have to change my pants in public, which I hate doing, so I'm a little worried, but it will be alright. I love my life as a choir person, so I will take the good with the bad, even public cellulite exposure. Life as a choriste has given me friends, a fraternity of other choir people to count on, and good use of over 200 hours a semester that I would have wasted on food and sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

updated on 4th Dec:
"The Christ University Choir presents Magnificat 2015, A song of hope.."

 Magnificat, the annual CUC Christmas concert, was inaugurated by the University Choir and PG choir in the Kengeri amphitheater at 6 PM on Friday. In attendance were Father VC, Father Verghese, the Residential PU Principal and students and their families.

On 4th December in Kengeri the PG Choir, University Orchestra, Klezmers, FruitLoops, Runaway Notes, Dean’s Academy Choir, Four Tunes, Kengeri Choir and University Choir delivered stellar performances. The Four Tunes brought many audience members to tears with their excellent execution and improvisation on classic Christmas songs raising the bar for all musical children everywhere. The program ended at 8.

updated on 7th Dec:
On 5th and 6th December Shine, Jnanodaya, Dr Benny Prasad, Mt Carmel College, Octet Cantabile, The Accoustic Project, Serenata Chorale, Soulful Harmony, The Bangalore Conservatory Choir, the PG Choir, University Orchestra, Kengeri Choir and University Choir and other choirs performed at the main campus. They were in perfect harmony and their performances were heartwarming. Colonel Dr Father Thomas C Matthew, the Vice Chancellor, delivered a speech on all three days regarding the implications of hope and the joy of Christmas in such a time as the Chennai floods. The program ended around 8:30 with a vote of thanks from Mr Jason Kishander, the Music Coordinator, and a surprise rendition of Magnify by the CUC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent