Castles in air

Castles in air are made of glass
Mine are plummeting to the earth
Minutes away from
A tragic but beautiful explosion
Of light and shards of broken dreams
Burning holes in the eyes
Of those who chose to watch
Ripping to shreds the hearts
Of those who could not
Punishing them for their misplaced faith
In time and effort
And me

It is too late now
I cannot prevent the descent of my dreams
Nor alleviate the pain of those who care
If my own heart aches far worse than I can bear

The walls of ice in my heart are cracking
Under pressure from a river of tears
Crushed under the weight of sorrow
And miserable, stupid regret

No; I cannot stop my castles
Constructed by hours of careful calculation
From falling, but perhaps
I could cushion the impact
With sincerity of effort so that
When my life finally comes to shambles

There will be no pain – mine, or
That of those so foolishly benevolent
That they tried to help me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent