Am I Blue?

It is winter in this city and winter in my heart
As gusty winds of despair wail through its cracks
I try, with frigid futility, to stoke the fires
Of rage and passion, but my heart is frozen over
No happy ember of enthusiasm
Nor warm embrace of empathy
Could melt the glaciers of gloom trickling slowly through my veins
Chilling my bones and I drag my feet
One step ahead of the last
Failing miserably to get anywhere
But they say the least I can do is try
Try to move, try to see
Beyond this fog of lethargy
Before it swallows me whole
And while my extremities thaw
I will have melted into the mediocrity
And insignificance of oblivion
Rescue me o happy innocence of childhood
Turn to molten chocolate the blades of ice that threaten to pierce my heart
Keep me young and strong
And foolish and productive
Keep me going
Help me fight my battle against my own inactivity
Before it is too late

And my life ends before it had even begun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent