The Concept of God

My search for God was a conscious, difficult, frustrating process. I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember, but one day, my mind thrust the definition of God into my hands, and I was elated. After the euphoria faded, the question, "Now what?" emerged.

So I decided I would explain the concept of God.

Imagine some well-meaning fool sat to write about GOOD, but got the spelling wrong and wrote "God". Connect the dots - God is definitely good; just literally. Think about it - what if God was actually the quality of goodness? So I have come to the conclusion that "God" represents honesty, integrity, optimism, bravery, productivity, independence et. al. - most of the virtues we have been taught since infancy to look up to and emulate. Doesn't it make sense? God, then, is truly in your heart.

Forget everything you know about religion - start blank. God is no person; personifying good will get us nowhere. We do not need a person to attach feelings of love and reverence to. Love "God" as a quality.

Moral of the story:
Religion is misleading. Rituals are confusing and holiness is baseless. Grow up enough to understand this and life will become easy. You will be able to live in fearless, beautiful exaltation, because to live any other way is a waste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent