Silence and Hypocrisy

Death rains down upon Nature
Leaves fall out of the sky
Falling in clusters
Falling as branches
Falling as trees - once so high
Felled by man
Stupid, short-sighted disgrace
Blind to the consequences of his actions
Running an impossible race

The birds are gone, the bees are gone
The squirrels have fled
Death drove them away as it descended
Their home - their tree - is dead

But what argument have I?
It is the glory of money
And all it can buy
Versus an inconvenient tree

A man has crippled my muse
And I can say nor do a thing
For it wasn't mine to defend
Nor his to endure
And if I kept quiet about death
I should keep quiet about this

Now he has a little more space to breathe
And I must think of a crippled tree
Its beauty destroyed, my art tainted
With the burden of silence and hypocrisy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angsty breakup post

~xo~

#ArtStudent